Last Saturday, off I went to Birmingham Al where our favorite daughter in law hails from. A ladies baby shower was planned by sisters and Mom for an afternoon get together. Tennelle, mom to be, Sarah aunt to be, and Barb, #1 Mom of Jeff and Sarah and over the moon thrilled Gramma to be, were all there joined by the friends and family of Tennelle. As showers go, which those of you that know me well, I am not a huge fan of, but ANYTHING FOR OUR KIDS, it was nice! My gosh baby girl cloths are SO cute.
If you weren't aware, not only are we getting Addison Ryg in April (I'm hoping the last week of March when I'm in town) but the end of April we are also growing our family with Wylie Nielsen. Wylie is a gift from God as our soon to be adopted baby boy to Sarah and Adam. Now once baby Wylie joins the family he is one of us. Like it or not Wylie, this extended crazy sometimes too many parents family, is yours forever. The good part is you have lots of Grandparents to go to for ANYTHING!
So back to the shower, I decided that since I was going to a shower and bringing fun little girl things to Tennelle and Addison, that blue little things were in store for Sarah and Baby Wylie. I've attached a picture of the two presents ready for the trip. When I was wrapping them I couldn't help but think how wonderful it's going to be to have a pink and a blue baby just about the same age forever. The kids (oh yes even at 29 and 27 they are kids to me) talk about how fun to have babies and kids birthdays and for them to be comparing notes and all the things that raising a family is about.
I feel so fortunate to see the love that Sarah and Jeff share and it's so wonderful to have them in the same town near the same area ready to bring little ones into the world and our lives.
The picture is of the girls.



I love it! The shower WAS really nice, we had a great time, and we just love our little blue sleepers- we stare at them all the time and picture the tiny baby who will soon be inside. Will he be perfect, or what?
ReplyDelete